Consumer Complaint

A written complaint must be submitted to initiate an investigation. This can be done by:

  1. Writing a letter. This can be submitted via mail or fax. However, if the complaint is mailed or faxed in, the original should follow.
  2. Filling out a complaints form. Complaints form can be obtained in hard copy at the office of the Fair Trading Commission. They can also be accessed and completed electronically on our website.

Consumer related complaints – should include the following information:

  • Name of the person making the complaint (Informant), name of the person or company that the complaint refers to (Respondent) and the relevant contact information. It is necessary for contact information to be given, so that the Staff of the Fair Trading Commission may carry out its necessary correspondence;
  • Explanation of the reasons for and details of the complaint. This should include any relevant correspondence, such as notes from, and telephone conversations with, the informant. Where necessary, receipts, sales contracts and other relevant documents should also be submitted.

Please note that not all Consumer Complaints fall under the jurisdiction of the FCA. Some of the consumer matters that may fall within the FCA are:

  • Misleading Advertising
  • Warranties
  • Refunds
  • Sale at a Bargain Price
  • Sale above Advertised Price

For more information on these breaches please refer to the FCA.

If the matter does not fall under these categories, please refer your complaint to the Consumer Affairs Commission.